7 Dec 2017
- On December 12/13, 2017, Penn SoNG’s Raj Patel presented on social norms surrounding corruption and conducted a workshop at “Everybody Does It: Understanding Honesty and Transgression from Social Norms,” a conference hosted by Corpovisionarios in Colombia.
- On November 8, 2017, Cristina Bicchieri, discussed her new book, published by Oxford, Norms in the Wild, as a part of Penn’s Library Research Tea series.
- On October 13, 2017, Cristina Bicchieri spoke on Behavioral Change in Sanitation: Ending OD in India at the Penn India Research Symposium.
- On November 9, 2017, PPE Post Doc, Cristina Bicchieri, Eugen Dimant, and Erte Xiao, published a discussion paper, Deviant or Wrong? The Effects of Norm Information on the Efficacy of Punishment, in Nottingham’s CeDEx working paper series.
- On August 19, 2017, Cristina Bicchieri was featured in the Coursera Blog in a post on World Humanitarian Day.
- On April 20, 2017, Cristina Bicchieri’s research in her new book, Norms in the Wild: How to Diagnose, Measure, and Change Social Norms, is profiled in the Penn Current article, A Penn philosopher’s five-step guide to changing ingrained societal behaviors.
- On April 1, 2017, Cristina Bicchieri was interviewed by Robert Talisse from newbooksnetwork.com about her latest book, Norms in the Wild from Oxford University Press, 2017.
- On March 16, 2017, Cristina Bicchieri gave a keynote address on “Norms, Networks, & Sanitation” at the PPE Society Conference in New Orleans.
- On March 3, 2017, Cristina Bicchieri spoke on a Social Norms Panel at the American Philosophical Association’s Central Division 114th Annual Meeting in Kansas City, MO.
- On December 9, 2016, Cristina Bicchieri gave a talk on “Scripts, Schemata, and Social Norms” at the Social Philosophy & Policy Conference: Learning and Changing Norms at the University of Arizona’s Center for the Philosophy of Freedom.
- On October 23, 2016, an interview with Cristina Bicchieri about her work on social norms was published in an articleon Avvenire.
- On September 14, 2016, Cristina Bicchieri discussed forced marriage and what happens when people in such a position decide to leave on PBS Newshour. This PBS Segment is also featured on Penn News Today.
- On August 28, 2016, Cristina Bicchieri was quoted in the Health and Science article Using psychology to change deadly bathroom habits in India on Philly.com.
- Cristina Bicchieri and Philosophy Graduate Student Thomas Noah were featured in the Penn News for their work on morality and social norms.